Sunday, May 28, 2006

A very unusual state of affairs

I am currently without anything on any needle at all. I finished my husband's vest, completed two eyelash scarves, and fixed the holes in my new pair of socks. Next I will start on my Yarntopia socks, but I thought I would post this while this unusual state of affairs existed.


Here is my husband in his completed vest. I haven't washed it or blocked it yet. I just couldn't wait to try it on him. He was so cute. He went and put on a dress shirt and a TIE (he doesn't even wear a tie to church). What you can't see is that he still has on shorts with this outfit. I promised him I wouldn't show his legs.



And next is an closeup picture of the cables. They were the the most fun of this vest. It is made from Rowan's Wool Cotton, and I really like the yarn. It is soft and knits up into fabric with a good texture and weight. The pattern is one I got off the internet. It was called Classic Cabled Men's Vest from knitting-crochet.com.



And last but not least (just for fun) here is a picture of my granddaughters in their costumes for the play they presented at their preschool graduation. They were white moths in the song "Froggy Went A-Courtin' ".

13 Comments:

Blogger knittingnurse said...

Too CUTE! And the girls don't look bad either! tee hee

5:56 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I LOVE the picture of your hubby in his vest! He looks so proud! You did a beautiful job. Very cute.

The granddaughters - what can I say - adorable!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Your husband looks quite handsome in his new vest. Great job, Mary Ann! As for the girls, they are adorable as always!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

What a good sport! Shirt AND tie? Wow!!! But shucks, the shorts with the vest, shirt and tie would have been good too! I'm going to look up that vest pattern, I've never knit my poor husband anything but a scarf. I love that pattern.
Your little white moths are adorable!
Sheri in GA

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vest looks wonderful - and the girls are so cute!

6:32 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Dad looks so handsome in it. You should be proud.

Amy

7:36 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Dashing Dear Husband! I hope he does wear it regularly b/c it looks SO nice on him.

Great cabley goodness! VERY nice.

and what about those girls?! ADORABLE as ALWAYS. You and Amy must be EVER so proud ;)*)

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vest looks fantastic....I am a cables lover all the way. Your hubby looks so happy to be modeling it too.

10:59 AM  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

What a beautiful family you have!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The vest looks great! How sweet of your husband to play along with your picture taking needs :) And the girls are as cute as ever!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So handsome! And the vest isn't bad looking either! :D

Seriously, that is a really great-looking vest. The yarn is so crisp and smart, and the pattern is interesting without being at all out there. I hope your husband gets lots of wear out of it.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

WOW! what a handsome vest and hubby ;) Consider yourself signed up for the K Challenge... Your first entry on the spreadsheet!

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girls look so adorable in their costumes! What a proud grandmother I'm sure you are. Your husband looks dashing in the smashing vest you made him. That's so sweet he modeled it complete with dress shirt and tie for you.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home