Saturday, February 18, 2006

Around and around and around she goes


This is the sunflower that I am working on. I've finished the calla lilies and the tiger lilies. I'm really glad I am doing this style flower last. (There are 4 gerbera daisies to do too. They are just the same, only smaller). If I had started with this one, I might have gotten discouraged. This one is a challenge. You can see from the picture that I've got the circular needle thing going as well as double pointed needles. There's increasing and decreasing and turning and folding and tacking for each petal. The petal in process has been formed, and now I will fold it back down to the circular part and knit/tack it into place, slightly staggered from its original base. Now that I am on the 6th petal, I've got the process down so that I don't have to keep going back to the instructions and saying, "What the heck do I do next?" Don't get me wrong. This is all kind of fun and definitely not boring, just a challenge. It is not for beginners.

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Won't you be proud every time you step into the shop knowing you did those?!?

Amy

7:14 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i will leave the beautiful sunflower to a pro like you anyday :) its gonna look great, and labor of love :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

WOW that's amazing =)

11:31 AM  
Blogger knit_chick said...

Based on your other flowers, I'm sure those are going to look wonderful!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home