Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Shrinking lilies not violets



This morning I felted the calla lilies that I knit for Amy's shop . It is so exciting and a little scary to throw your creations into the washing machine. I think they turned out well. Since I still haven't figured out how to post pictures in the order I want, these may be out of sequence, but you get the idea.

The ribbons that you see peeking out of the felted ones are there to keep an open tube up the stems so I can put a wire through them. Once they are dry and wired up, I will post a photo of the finished product. Then on to the other two sets of flowers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those came out wonderfully! I can never get over the magic of felting. If that's the standard of decor in Amy's shop, I have got to arrange a road trip to get down there and check it out!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

they look wonderful! can't wait to see them in the shop ;)

9:03 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

They turned out amazing Mom! See you Friday.

Amy

11:47 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

They're beautiful Mary Ann! I love calla lillies!

7:16 PM  
Blogger knit_chick said...

I love seeing the step-by-step process of felting!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home