Sunday, November 27, 2005

Patience is a virtue


It's a virtue because I finally got these pictures to post. It took photobucket 24 hours to cooperate with my plans for this post. Anyway, here are the 3 projects currently on needles. The beige is a prayer shawl I and the ladies in my knitting group, Knit Together, are making for my friend Jannette, who just had brain surgery for an unknown type of tumor. It is Lion Brand Homespun, which is soft and comforting to knit with. The blue is a cardigan I am making for my 2 year old grandson, Kyle. I made a camouflage sweater for his older brother, and he immediately placed an order for his own. I like this yarn much better than the camouflage sweater. This is Red Heart Plush and is super soft. It is also washable, important for a 2 year old. The black is a poncho I am making at the request of my DIL. She provided the yarn, Lion Brand Chenille. I hate knitting with this yarn. (Not because it is for my DIL. She is a terrific young woman.) It is stiff and doesn't slide on the needles or on itself. And the pattern is just 2 rectangles. BORING. But I will get it done. I promise.


And these lovely things are kits that Amy brought me over Thanksgiving. They are felted flowers which I am to create. Amy will then use them as decor in Yarntopia. I can hardly wait to get started on them, but I really must get the aforementioned 3 projects completed this fall. The flowers really can wait until spring. I will feel like I did when we lived in Ohio and Icouldn't wait for the crocuses to annouce the arrival of spring.

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

One big benefit of having a daughter that owns a yarn store...no more knitting with sorry yarn! Yippee!!

Amy

7:12 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm not a big fan of any chenille yarn. I bet it will look wonderful though!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of want to make some felted flowers. I should ask Amylovie where she got the kits.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home