Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Meme that Amylovie tagged me for

First of all, the reason all the pictures that were on my blog are now red Xs is that I deleted them from photobucket. I thought once they were on the blog, I could delete them. WRONG! We learn from our mistakes. I don't plan to replace them. It is too much work. You all saw them already anyway.

I am avoiding working on my button, so I'll respond to the meme that my DD sent to me. (By the way, why is it called a "meme"?)

What is your all-time favorite yarn to knit with?
Since most of my knitting life I had very little to choose from, I don't have a good answer for this.

Your favorite needles?
I inherited a whole needlecase full of needles from my mother, ranging from #2 Addi Turbos to a whole set of vinyl circular needles from Winns. There are double-pointed ones and aluminum ones. Anyone of these remind me of her, so I love them all.

The worst thing you ever knit?
When first married, I knit a sweater for my husband. It was a solid, dark-brown cardigan with no pattern at all. It was too big and I used the wrong weight yarn for the pattern. He never wore it that I can remember. But we were young and in love, so who cares.

Your most favorite knit pattern?
The blankets that I made for Amy's girls. (There is a picture in the archives on her blog, Aug. 2005.) I had that pattern for over 20 years before I got to knit it. It was a terrific challenge, but I am exceedingly proud of having done it.

Best knitting book or magazine?
No choice here. I care more about the pattern, not where it comes from.

Your favorite knit-along?
I've only done one, the hour glass sweater with my DD

Your favorite knitwear designer?
No choice here either. I have never really paid attention to who designed the pattern. I probably should.

The knitwear item you wear the most?(How about a picture of it)
It's probably a toss up between the beaded purse that Amylovie and I both made (she has a picture on her blog) and the orange tunic (there was a picture on my blog, now deleted, sorry)

Who to tag?
Since I'm guessing that there are not that many folks out there reading my blog, and probably all of them have already been tagged for this, I decline to put anyone on the spot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I love the idea of being too in love to care about making a boring, oversized cardigan!

Oh, and I'm totally with you on the designer thing. I never pay attention to that at all. So far it hasn't really harmed me or my knitting.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home