Sunday, November 06, 2005

Update on update and Boerne fiber festival

In the continuing saga of the skirts for my granddaughters, I think I am finally done, at least I can't think of anything else to try. The waistbands are folded-over 1x1 ribbing, which looks good but has no elasticity to keep the skirts holding on to tiny little girls with no hips. The yarn is Berroco Suede, by the way. After trying 2 different arrangements of drawstrings, I settled on 1/2 inch elastic inside the folded-over ribbing. I had to make a tunnel of big yarn loops to hold it in place, but I think it will work. Anyway, I sent the skirts home with the girls. I neglected to take a picture. Maybe Amylovie will post the final result for me. (Hint-hint)

Amylovie and her girls and I spent the day yesterday on an outing to Boerne for the fiber festival. It was really interesting to see the process of yarn production from beginning to end. There were alpacas to meet (the girls' favorite thing), spinning to observe, and yarn to buy. I wish there had been a demonstration of dyeing. There were also some looms, but no one was weaving while we were there. We had a great day. I know Amylovie took pictures there, so maybe those will get posted on her blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger JustApril said...

Man, I wish we could have gone =( Oh well, maybe next year. Mica and I were wanting to take the class on spinning using a CD and we wanted to meet some alpachas =)

Glad you liked the sunrise shot. It was much to awesome to keep to myself!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The fiber festival sounds like fun!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't alpacas unbelieveable? You touch them and you can't believe their coats occur naturally in nature! They feel like those super plush stuffed animals.

Glad you had a fun day! I look forward to seeing the finished skirts on one blog or another.

6:07 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I'll take a picture of the girls and send it to you to put on the blog.

Amy

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home