Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Skirt update

I have completed the reworking of the skirts I made for my granddaughters. (See photo in "What a pair" posting.) The skirts were too short, and I didn't like the way the hem tended to roll up since they were knit in stockinette. I ripped out the bind-off and added an inch in length. Amylovie suggested an "I" cord to finish the edge. I whipped out two "I" cords and whip stitched them onto the bottom edges. That worked great. Thanks for the idea, Amylovie. The girls should be here this weekend, so maybe I'll get a picture of the new and improved version.

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

It sound like you did a great repair job. Way to go Mom!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Pictures, please!! :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Yaay for improvision! Can't wait to see the pics =)

2:46 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

Way to GO! I can't wait to see what they look like now. I bet they are darling (of course the girls themselves are so darling that it's hard to resist them in anything they put on).

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home