Sunday, October 30, 2005

Girls' Day Out

This past Friday, Amylovie, her girls, and I went on an expedition to see the International Quilt Festival at the convention center in Houston. It was quite an adventure. We tried out the park-n-ride. It worked great and was especially fun for the girls who had never ridden the bus. We avoided all the hassle of driving and parking in downtown Houston.

We were all impressed with the incredible craftsmanship of the prize-winning quilts. Amylovie said it almost brought her to tears because she understood the time and effort that went into these fabulous creations.

I decided to report all of this on my blog because all of you knitters will appreciate what one of my granddaughters said on the bus ride home. Amylovie asked her if she liked the quilt show. She said, "It was okay, but it isn't my craft." Her mom and grandmother felt the same way.

6 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I had a great time mom.

From the mouths of babes....

Amy

6:11 AM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

Funny how we just "know" what our thing is? But, at least you and Amy are exposing them to all sorts of crafts so that they can find their on niche PLUS be able to appreciate the crafts of others. BTW, I read your comment on my blog. I actually am not from Columbus, I am in a suburb of Cleveland (Westlake). You will come to find out (if Amy hasn't already told you) that I am the Quiz Queen! Any silly quiz out there, I take and them often will post on my blog. Just a thing with me, y'know?

6:40 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

So cute!!! The cuteness is just too much sometimes.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is amazing that she already knows what her calling craft is :).

10:31 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

That's hilarious! My daughter (all 4 years of her) has decided to be a knitter, too. Funny how kids know what they want so early. She already plays piano better than me, she'll out knit me one day, too, I'm sure!

Your blog is coming along nicely =)

5:14 PM  
Blogger suzmcq said...

Hi Mary Ann: I come via Amy's site as well. She was the one that urged me into blogging as well although I havent taken to it as well as you have.

Welcome and I look forward to more entries.

Suzanne

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home