Friday, January 06, 2006

I'm up and blogging again


Now that we are past Christmas, the family wedding in St. Louis, and New Years celebrations, I can get back to blogging. Here are photos of my recent knitting activity. The poncho is one I made for my daughter-in-law at her request. It is made from Lion Brand Chenille and Fun Fur. I think it turned out OK and is really soft, but believe me, it was not fun to knit. I didn't like the yarn and it was BORING. The funny looking green and white things are soon-to-be felted calla lilies. These were made at the request of Amy to be used as decor in her new yarn shop. The work on the circular needles is my start at the picovoli being knitted by the Sexy Knitters Club KAL. It is Shine in apricot. I really like the Shine.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Yeah- your back! I can't wait to see those callas felted!!

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh yes, I second the call for photos of the finished felted cala lillies. those are cool!

I made a tivoli/picovoli last year, and at the time I was thinking how beautifully I bet it would come out in Shine. I'd really like to make another one.

Welcome back! Happy new year!

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no excuse for my spelling of "calla lilies" in that last post. I am ashamed.

6:04 AM  
Blogger SAM said...

Glad to have you back! You look great in the poncho, but I agree with you about the yarn. I used it and it sheds horribly. LOVE the calla lillies - they are my favorite flower, can't wait to see them felted. They will look fab in the store!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy to read you again! Well, the experience of knitting the poncho sounds horrendous, but the finished product looks great!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i can't wait to start my picivoli too! i love that calla lily scarf!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Everything looks great - I have to start Picovoli, too but I'm not sure what to make it out of. Probably something from the stash...

1:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The calla lilies are going to look great in Amy's shop! The Shine is beautiful! I may have to get some of that for myself :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I know you are glad to be through with the poncho. I know it was terribly boring. You are a sweet MIL to knit it for her.

My mommy loves me! She's knitting me flowers!!

Amy

2:48 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Awesome stuff! i can hardly wait for my shine to arrive! =) Nice to have you back!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The calla lilies will look great in Amy's shop. Be prepared for people to ask for the pattern!

5:48 PM  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

I can't believe those calla lillies. They're a Pick Up Stix pattern, right? I was actually going to knit those for Amy's shop and give them to her when I visit in March!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home