Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oops! Oh well, too late now

I have started on the gerbera daisies, which are just like the sunflower, only smaller. So since it has been at least a week since I did the sunflower, I was working my way slowly through the instructions for the daisies when I discovered I made a mistake on the sunflower. Each petal was supposed to be twice as long and folded over to make two separate petals. I missed that part that said "repeat between *s." Oh well, I can't go back and redo them. I think they look cute anyway. My sunflower must be a different variety than the ones shown in the pattern.

The daisies are knit in the round on double pointed needles. I'm a little ashamed to admit that, although I have been knitting at least 45 years, I have never done that. So far, so good. Next post should include a photo of how this all turned out, with the petals done correctly this time.

5 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

They are a Mary Ann Original, and I love them.

I like knitting with DPNs. Maybe I can talk you into socks after your first DPN encounter.

Amy

4:54 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I think the sunflowers look pretty just the way you knit them.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amylovie, you don't even like socks!

I never would have noticed anything amiss with your sunflower. I'm looking forward to seeing the daisies!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i think its gonna look great! can't wait to see them all!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't tell. It's a variation on a pattern. Consider it a feature... just a part of Mary Ann's Knitting Magic!

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home