Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Rub-a-dog dog, 3 things in a blog



First of all, you need to know that I connect to the internet through a dial up connection to a very small-time server. Everything takes a l-o-n-g time. So I put three things into one picture to save time with photobucket and blogger dashboard.

The picture shows the beautiful yarn I won in TabbyTuxedo's contest. It is Treasure Island Cotton Handpaint by White Lies Designs. Isn't it gorgeous!

Next to it is the ready-to-be-felted gerbera daisie that will go to join its kit mates in Amylovie's shop very soon. I am currently knitting around and around to make a bright pink one just like it. Soon to be followed by a blue and a pastel pink one. Things are moving very quickly since I have the pattern down pat now.

And resting underneath the two above items is the baby blanket I am knitting for my niece Devon who is expecting very soon. I'll give its vital statistics in another post. My husband is waiting for me to go for a walk, one of my other favorite things to do.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That daisy is going to look so great felted! The blanket is very cute too.

Glad you are enjoying the yarn!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky baby! Nice yarn, too! There's nothing wrong with placing everything in one picture. It saves on your Photobucket bandwidth, too!

I can't wait to see all the finished flowers for the shop.

10:32 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I brought the flowers to the shop to show Sheryl, and she was gaga over them.

Amy

4:40 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hope you had fun on your walk! devon's baby is very lucky indeed to get a kniited peice of love from you :) the yarn is really pretty....

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice when life is full of nice things -- baby blankets, flowers, and walks? I can't wait to see the felted daisy -- and then the full daisy bouquet!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a blue daisy...soo cute! Are we going to get a picture of all the flowers together so we can oooh and aaah :)

11:48 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

It's a GOOD picture =)
prize yarn is always a good thing!

10:31 PM  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

I saw all the felted flowers at Yarntopia yesterday. They are just beautiful, as are Amylovie and her funny little girls! You must be so proud.

7:24 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Yes Ma'am, HONEY! lol Thanks, Mom =) I only did one row yesterday and I haven't started today. I was thinking of doing something small, like maybe socks. I think the problem is I'm using large needles for this project. Usually I can knit just fine all day without problems. My brother is coming over today to give me a massage, so I think I'll be ok soon =)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and saying hi. What a thrill it has been to see all the comments in the past few days!

Love your yarn - what are you goinig to make with it? I just got some handpainted Mountain Colors to do a vest with lace and can't wait to get into it, but I'm trying real hard to be good and finish up a few more things (not easy).

Thanks again for stopping by and commenting and I hope you had a good walk!

Sheri

10:42 AM  
Blogger SAM said...

The flowers are fabulous! Sorry I haven't been to your blog in a while. I, too, am on dial up and yes it is very slow. A felted flower class will be very popular!

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home