Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bunches of flowers and knitters


Here are all the rest of the felted flowers and leaves. There are 3 gerbera daisies, one more tiger lily, and two leaves. I'm a little disappointed in the daisies. They seem kind of droopy. Some of you read my post about making the petals of the sunflower too short. I think the petals of the daisies are too long, although I correctly followed the pattern this time. Maybe I should have made these petals shorter as well. Anyway, I have delivered all the flowers to Yarntopia, and the last of saw of them, they were nestled into a crystal vase with their fellow poseys in the sit-and knit-area at the shop.


This next photo is of me, my niece Sarah, and Amy in absentia. (That is her bridal portrait.) Sarah is a knitter and a blogger. Since some of the readers of her blog didn't believe she was related to Amy, here is the proof. Sarah was visiting with her 3 children and her parents. Amy was way too swamped with shop preparation to take a day to come all the way out here in the country. She and Sheryl are really getting things into shape in Katy though.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I think the flowers turned out lovely, though I can see what you mean about the daisy leaves. I think that extra length makes them look more natural, if that makes any sense.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope soon we'll get to see a photo of the full complement of flowers together in their final home! As for the petal droopiness, while I see what you mean, I think it adds to their whimsy a little.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers, as usual ;o)

Where is Sarah's blog?

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the flowers look great. You did a fabulous job with them!

Is Sarah the relative Amy mentioned on her blog recently? PennyKarma?

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at Amy :). The flowers look darlin', just darlin' :).

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle! Uncle!
erm... Aunt! Aunt!

I confess, it was me - I couldn't believe some as sweet as Amy was actually related to somebody like Sarah... well, she knows I love her. Out of fear, perhaps, but I love her.

Thanks for the picture - I am no longer a doubting rodent.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

YAY! The pic of Amy showed up! The kiddos and I had a fantastic time visiting. Your grandsons are getting so big. And Ryan is a fan of Baby A's Star Wars knowledge!

Monkee, my family is well aware of my diabolical genius. I do try to contain it at family functions, though.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

the flowers look amazing! oh i love that picture with the "3" of y'all! he he he!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Amazing felted flowers... those kits may soon be on my wish list! BTW, I recently found your site and Amy's from Paula Youens, and seeing as I'm a fellow Weimarite and knitblogger, thought I'd drop in your site and say hello!

Rhonda

9:16 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

I bet you could thread some thin but strong wire thru them and bend them how you like?

HI Amy's cuz! =)

6:20 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Hi everybody! Yes, I am the cousin/niece of Amylovie and MaryAnn.

Wishing I lived closer to Yarntopia right about now...

- Sarah

3:06 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Thanks, MOM! =))

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home